Claims for your UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage members for Dates of Service January 1, 2015 going forward should be submitted with the Payer ID: LIFE1 through Optum™ Medical Network’s preferred method of electronic claim submission known as Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
EDI is the computer-to-computer transfer of data transactions and information between trading partners (payers and providers). EDI is a fast, inexpensive and safe method for automating the business practices that take place on a daily basis. There is no charge for submitting claims electronically to Optum Medical Network.
Electronic claims submission allows the provider to eliminate the hassle and expense of printing, stuffing and mailing your claims to Optum Medical Network. It substantially reduces the delivery, processing and payment time of claims. There is no charge for submitting claims electronically. Providers are able to use any major clearinghouse.
Payer ID: LIFE1
Benefits of EDI:
- 1. Reduces costs: No more handling, sorting, distributing or searching paper documents and it Keeps healthcare affordable to the end customer
- 2. Reduces errors: Improves accuracy of information exchanged between healthcare participant and the quality of healthcare delivery and its processes.
- 3. Reduces cycle time: Enhanced information is available quicker and it ensures fast, reliable, accurate, secure and detailed information.
EDI has a standardized format, which ensures that data can be sent quickly and is interpreted on both sides. EDI transactions adhere to HIPAA regulations and American National Standards Institution (ANSI) standards. The EDI specifications are like blueprints for the data that guide the data to make the transitions between different data trading partners as smooth as possible.
As of March 31, 2012 healthcare providers must be compliant with version 5010 of the HIPAA EDI standards. The current format that is used is 837, ANSI x12.
- 1. 837i – Institutional claims
- 2. 837p – Professional claims
Additional transactions performed by Optum Medical Network:
- 1. 997 – Functional acknowledgement (claim receipt acknowledgement via clearinghouse
For paper submissions, please review the following to ensure that your claim is received and processed accordingly.
- 1. Professional vendors must submit on a CMS 1500
- 2. Ambulatory surgery centers with appropriate modifier SG or TC
- 3. Hospital and Facility vendors must submit on a CMS 1450
Paper Claim Submission Address:
Optum Medical Network Claims
PO Box 46770
Las Vegas, NV 89114